Friday, July 13, 2007

We are married!!

Well, the big day was Tuesday!! It was wonderful! I do not have any pictures from that. Too much was going on and I will get the ones the photographer took and post those!



This is a picture of us from the resort!

We got here on Friday, July 6th! Sunday we drove the road to Hana. It is gorgeous! It is about 60 miles one way! Although that sounds like a quick trip... it took us 12 hours to get there and back!!


This is a picture of a Rainbow Eucalyptus Tree! They are so beautiful!!


This is a cave at one of the black sand beaches! It is so beautiful!


There are waterfalls like this one all along the Road to Hana!


If you are adventurous, there is a one lane road past Hana. It takes you to Haleakala National Park at Kipahula. In order to get to the biggest falls, you have to take a 2 mile hike. This is a picture of a Bamboo Forrest. We had to walk through this to get to the falls!. It was very neat, but it gets really dark in places. I was ready to get into light at most times!!


The Pipiwai Trail has a 800 foot elevation change from the start to finish! It about killed us! This is Waimoku Falls. It is a 400 foot waterfall!


I know this is not that pretty, but it is one of my favorites! The road to Hana is so remote that if anything happens to your car... well... you just saw it!

Today, we went to the dormant Haleakala (Hal-e'-a-ka-la)volcano. It is around 10,000 feet high! That was a shorter trip! We did that in 3 hours!!


This is some plants regrowing after the volcano years ago!


I like this one too! It looks uneven, but it really isn't. While, I was just looking at the picture I thought I might have a little motion sickness!


I have the information on this flower, but we left it in the car!

Saturday we are flying over to Pearl Harbor on Oahu. It is a short flight! Andrew is really excited about that!

5 comments:

Judy and Robert Goodner said...

Congratulations Hickams'!! We are so excited for you. The pictures are beautiful and I am sure they do not do justice. Ya'll have a great time and we all can not wait to see you when you come home. But we won't talk about that now. I was watching the shreveport news and I have some info. about the Lowes store there. I heard someone shot someone one and the victim ran in the Lowes store and collapsed. It is flooding here right now, hope your having great weather. We are all so excited about the reception, can't wait. Love yall,
Robert and Judy

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. and Mrs. Hickam!! I am so excited for you both and I know that your marriage will be blessed in ever aspect!! The pictures are amazing and I can't wait to see the rest! Love and and miss you! Talk to you soon, Amanda, Jake and Reece Dobbins

***Sandi*** said...

Aloha Hickam's! Or... as you will soon be saying when you become Texans... Hi ya'll!
I am soooo jealous... And I for sure can't wait to see your wedding pic's. Hope you are having a blast. I think the Pearl Harbor site is the best attaction there. I had not idea how much I would learn from that and when you get to ride out to the site of the Arizon and you can see it just below the surface...it absolutely gives you chills. It is such a nice memorial.
Anyway, we are all getting excited here about getting to go to Hot Springs next week. I am hoping to get Mick to let us leave Wednesday. Oh yeah, and a little bit of news... Mick bought Morgan and brand new mustang. He. didn't let me know his plans to buy it until after the purchase. But don't worry...he will put on a good show for everyone at the par-par... and not one bruise will be visible.. on him...ha!
hug and kisses... see ya'll soon!
Sandi

Bill and Sharon said...

Hi, Congratulations to you both!!
Bill and I wish you both the best. It's nice to see good things happen to good people.Call us when you get home and settled in.
Take care and have fun.
Bill and Sharon Lyke

Bill and Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.