Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wellness Update

So, I went to the doctor today... and the verdict is that the Tamiflu is the cause. My doctor said that Tamiflu often causes respiratory problems in asthma patients. Also, the change in states and traveling was a factor. She prescribed me a breathing machine to use as needed, another asthma med, and some meds for acid reflux. I told her it was hard to keep my food down, so she did a test and I have a bacterial infection in my stomach. It was probably caused by the steriods lowering my immune system. I have to take those for a few months. We made an appointment at the allergy clinc, so I should be on the road to recovery. So the moral of this story is... if you have asthma or breathing problems, tell your doctor before taking Tamiflu!

No comments: