Sunday, June 17, 2007

Garage Sale! Yeah!

Normally, I would never, never be excited about a garage sale. They are so much work! We worked on this for 3 whole days. When I say whole days, I mean, did not do anything else but work on the garage sale! So, I was exhausted. April had already made plans to go camping, so we decided to have it Friday night from 4-8 and Saturday from 7-11. It was definitely a good plan. People left work, paycheck in hand, and headed right over to our garage sale! Saturday morning we watched the news and it was forcasted to storm all day! We were very worried, but the sun held out for us! April's address is 11 Frontera. Well, 1 Frontera was having a sale too. So we did good until people got to that house first and thought the paper made a mistake. So, of course I am quick thinking and decided to move our sign to the first entrance of the circle not the last!. So, people had to drive by our house to get to the other sale! It is so funny to watch people! Because about 2 minutes after we changed the sign. Sure enough the cars started driving the opposite direction! After that, we did great! Once, Andrew woke up, he grabbed his handy dandy pen and told me I was too proud of a few things! He gave me the Lowe's lecture about where to place certain items and blah, blah, blah! I quickly told him that this wasn't Lowe's and if he wanted it done, DO IT!! That was the first time he heard that in his element!! Then, when people would buy something he would catch them on the way out and mention that we had some other items on the same lines, would they be interested in that? It was fun to see Andrew in his element! April and I got a few laughs out of it too! Also, a few people recognized him from Lowe's!
Soooooooo..... after all the hard work! Our Grand Total was...... $802.00

We were really excited and it revived me in the power of Garage Sale!

No comments: